Philly Chicken Steak Sandwich
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 600g Lilydale chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 150g button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 Provolone cheese slices, halved
- 2 cups baby rocket
- 1 French baguette, cut into 4, split lengthways
- Soft butter, to serve, if desired
- 1/2 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chilli in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (140° fan-forced).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Cook the onions for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Add the capsicums and cook for a further 10 minutes or until soft, adding mushrooms after 5 minutes. Season and keep warm.
- To make mayonnaise, place all ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Season.
- Place the baguette on a baking tray and warm for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast fillets against the grain and combine with the remaining oil in a bowl. Season.
- Heat a large char-grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the chicken, in batches, turning regularly, for 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through. Add the chicken to the capsicum and stir together. Place the cheese slices over the chicken and when it starts to melt, stir the cheese gently into the chicken and capsicum mixture.
- Spread the baguette with butter and mayonnaise, and top with the chicken mixture, and baby rocket, to serve. Cut in half, if desired.