Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 300gm Lilydale chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece ginger, finely grated
- 80g sliced water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped
- ½ cup Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce + extra, to serve
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsbp caster sugar
- Pinch white pepper
- 40 gowgee wrappers
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- Pickled ginger, cucumber ribbons, coriander sprigs and brown rice, to serve
- In a large bowl combine chicken mince, garlic, ginger, water chestnuts, cabbage, green onions, coriander, light soy, sesame oil, sugar, and pepper in bowl.
- Place a gyoza wrapper on a clean work surface. Spoon a heaped teaspoon of chicken mixture on to the centre of the wrapper. Brush the edge with a little water. Use your fingertips to pleat the edge 4-5 times. Fold over to enclose the filling. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining mix and wrappers.
- Heat peanut oil in a large non-stick frypan over high heat until just smoking. Remove from heat. Arrange the dumplings over the base of the pan. Return to heat, reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes or until the base of the dumplings are golden. Sprinkle approximately 2 tablespoons of water evenly over the gyozas. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until gyozas are cooked through and water has evaporated. Remove from heat and set aside for 2 minutes. (You may need to do these in 2 batches).
- Serve gyozas with extra light soy sauce, pickled ginger, cucumber ribbons, coriander sprigs and brown rice, if desired.