Thai Basil and Chicken Fried Rice
Fill your kitchen with the delicious aromas of this Thai-inspired recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 Tblsp peanut oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tblsp finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely sliced
- 1 Tblsp brown sugar
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken mince
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 175gm green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
- 4 cups cooked and cooled jasmine rice (1 1/3 cups (265gm) uncooked rice)
- ¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
- 2 Tblsp fish sauce
- 2 Tblsp soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime, + extra wedges, to serve
- Thai basil leaves and coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Stir fry the onion for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and sugar, and cook for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken mince and cook, breaking up lumps with a wooden spoon, for 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add the capsicum and beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the cooked rice, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce and lime juice, and stir-fry for 3 minutes until heated through.
- Serve the rice topped with Thai basil, coriander and lime wedges.