Honey, Lemon and Oregano Chicken with Couscous
The sweetness of apricots and honey together with oregano spice make for a delish combination
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 30 minutes refrigeration
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- ¼ cup honey
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tblsp oregano leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 small Lilydale Free Range Chicken breast fillets (approx. 180gm each)
- 1 cup (190gm) couscous
- 1 cup (250ml) boiling water
- ¼ cup currants
- ¼ cup dried apricots, finely diced
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tblsp wholegrain mustard
- oregano leaves, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced).
- Combine honey, juice and zest of 1 lemon, chopped oregano, and 2 Tblsp olive oil in a small bowl. Season. Place chicken in a shallow glass bowl or a large snaplock bag and cover with marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain chicken from marinade and reserve marinade. Heat a large lightly oiled non-stick pan over medium heat and cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes until browned. Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with reserved marinade and cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add boiling water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Use a fork to separate the grains. Add currants, apricots, baby spinach and parsley leaves and toss to combine.
- For the dressing, whisk together the remaining lemon juice and zest, remaining olive oil and the mustard. Season and drizzle dressing over the couscous.
- Top chicken with extra oregano leaves, if desired, and serve with couscous.