Chicken with ginger, shallots and coriander
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 x Lilydale thigh fillet packs
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 1 x 5cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- Rice to serve
- Coriander sprigs for garnish
- Place half the shallots and half the ginger and garlic in a large pan. Pour in 6 cups water, bring to the boil. Add the chicken thighs, return to boil, cook chicken for 7 minutes. Remove chicken; keep warm and strain cooking liquid, reserving four cups.
- Cook the rice in reserved stock, bring to boil, cover and simmer, cooking for about 18 minutes, or until tender. Take rice off heat, leave covered for 10 minutes, until serving.
- Heat one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in a frying pan. Cut chicken thighs in half, brown lightly, place in serving bowls. In a small pan, heat the remaining oils over high heat; add the remaining shallots, ginger and garlic. Stir through sherry, pour over chicken and top with coriander sprigs.
Serve with rice and garnish with a coriander sprig.