Lilydale breast roast with fennel and carrots
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 Lilydale Chicken Breast Roast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 baby fennel, cut in half
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tblsp chopped mint
- Heat oil in a frying pan, brown the chicken on both sides, remove from pan and place in an ovenproof dish with lid. In same pan, cook the onion, fennel and carrot until golden, stir through rosemary.
- Add vegetables to the chicken dish. Pour over chicken stock, cover with lid and cook in 200C preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through when tested with a skewer, juices will run clear from thickest part of the breast.
- Serve sprinkled with mint and garlic mashed potatoes.