Lilydale Chilli Lime Chicken with Gai Lan and Coconut Rice
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 600g Lilydale Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli)
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 small red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- ¼ cup ketjap manis
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- Make 2 deep slashes in the thickest part of each thigh fillet, then flatten slightly. Place in a ceramic or glass dish.
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Reserve 1/3 cup of the marinade and pour the remainder over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine rice, coconut milk and 2½ cups water in a saucepan over a high heat. Bring to the boil, stirring often to prevent sticking. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 10 minutes, then turn off heat and stir. Cover and allow to stand 10 minutes, then stir in desiccated coconut.
- Meanwhile, heat a lightly oiled barbeque or stove top grill plate over a moderate heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade and cook chicken for about 4 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, cut gai lan into 8cm pieces (cut any thick stalks in half lengthways). Cook stems in boiling water for 2 minutes, then add leaves and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain well.
- Divide chicken and gai lan between 4 plates. Drizzle with reserved marinade. Serve with coconut rice.