Lilydale Chilli drums with cranberry and roasted pumpkin couscous salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 1 tblsp crushed chilli
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 8 Lilydale drumsticks
- 50g peeled pumpkin, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, sliced
- 250g packet pearl couscous
- 2 cups reduced salt vegetable stock
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Basil leaves
- In a large non-metallic bowl, mix together the chilli, honey, oil, garlic and shallots. Place the chicken into the marinade and mix to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray, spray lightly with cooking/oil spray, toss lightly to coat. Bake on 220C preheated oven for 20 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack set over a baking tray. Bake in 190C preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a medium pan, cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add couscous stir until coated with the oil and pearls are hot. Pour in stock, bring to boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed and couscous is cooked. Stir through cranberries and pumpkin.
- Serve chicken with warm salad.