Lilydale filo chicken with chilli feta
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 500g Lilydale chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 60g baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Marinated chilli feta
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat, cook onion until lightly golden. Add paprika, stir until fragrant and coating onion.
- Increase heat and cook chicken, breaking up any lumps with a fork. Set aside to cool. Once cool stir through spinach and pine nuts.
- Place filo sheets on a flat clean surface and cover with a lightly dampened tea towel. Lay one filo sheet long side facing you, on a bench. Spray lightly with oil; lay another filo sheet on top. Place ¼ of the chicken mixture along one long end nearest to you. Fold edge over filling, roll pastry loosely to enclose filling. With seam side down, coil into a ‘snail’. Place on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and chicken mixture. Spray rolls with oil.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Serve topped with chilli feta and fennel salad.