White Chocolate Truffles
Preparation time: 30 minutes (+ chilling time)
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 200gm good quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Icing sugar, to dust hands
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp pistachios, finely chopped
- Combine chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered on 50% power (medium) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds, until smooth and melted. Stir in the coconut essence and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 3 ½ hours or until firm.
- Line a large tray with baking paper. Dust hands with a little icing sugar and roll 2 teaspoons of mixture into balls.
- Gently sprinkle half the balls with coconut and the other half with pistachios. Place on prepared tray and refrigerate until firm. Keep truffles stored in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
** TIP – alternatively you can stir the coconut and/or pistachios through the chocolate mixture in step 1 for a textured truffle.