Honey Roasted Heirloom carrots
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 red onions, sliced into thin wedges
- 3 bunches coloured heirloom carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 30gm butter, cubed
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp dukkah + extra, to serve
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced).
- In a large baking tray, add the onion and carrots. Drizzle with the olive oil and honey and dot the cubes of butter around. Sprinkle with the mustard seeds, and dukkah. Season with sea salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, turning halfway through, or until golden and tender.
- Serve carrots sprinkled with currants, coriander, parsley and extra dukkah, if desired.