Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 4 free-range eggs
- 180ml Irish Whiskey (or dark rum)
- 90ml Baileys liqueur
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- Freshly grated or ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon quills, to serve
- Honey, to taste (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and add the whiskey (or rum), Baileys, spices and vanilla. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk until well combined.
- Fill glasses with ice, and ladle eggnog into glasses. Sprinkle with nutmeg and pop a cinnamon quill into the glass, to serve.
** If you prefer a sweeter eggnog, add some honey to taste.