Chicken, Brie and Cranberry Galettes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 sheets ready-made butter puff pastry, thawed
- 2 x 250gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 whole peppercorns
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp baby capers, rinsed, chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 200gm brie, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Microherbs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (200° fan-forced). Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the chicken stock, bay leaf and peppercorns in a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce to a low simmer and poach chicken breasts for 6 to 8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from stock and set aside to cool. Shred into small pieces and place chicken in a bowl. Add sour cream, capers and mustard. Season and stir to coat.
- Cut the pastry sheets into 5cm squares and place onto prepared baking trays. Prick the centre of each square a few times with a fork.
- Top each pastry square with a dollop of cranberry sauce, 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture and a slice of brie. Brush pastry edges lightly with egg wash. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Sprinkle puffs with sea salt, pepper and microherbs. Serve warm.