Chicken schnitzel with chargrilled corn & lentil salad
Packed full of flavour, this recipe adds a bit of zest and crunch to the weekday meal. Chargrilled corn kernels, lentils, lime and coriander make for a great companion to your chicken breast schnitzel.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 x 400g packets Lilydale breast schnitzel
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 2 limes, halved
- 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 witlof, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay Lilydale breast schnitzel on prepared tray and bake according to packet instructions.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue plate on high. Cook corn cobs for 10 minutes, turning regularly, until charred. Cook lime halves for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Cut corn from cobs and place in a large bowl with lentils, onion and coriander. Mix together oil and lime juice. Add to corn mixture and toss to combine. Arrange witlof and avocado wedges on serving plates. Top with corn mixture. Serve with Lilydale Schnitzel and chargrilled lime halves.