Chicken breast strips with warm potato & watercress pesto salad
Big on flavour, this recipe introduces a fresh twist on pesto sauce using macadamias and watercress. Along with our tender chicken breast strips it’s sure to become a requested favourite.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 x 400g packets Lilydale breast strips
- 8 kipfler potatoes, washed, cut into 1cm thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100g watercress, ends trimmed, plus extra sprigs to serve
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 100g baby beans, ends trimmed, blanched
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Lay Lilydale breast strips on one of the prepared trays and bake according to packet instructions.
- Place potatoes onto the other prepared tray in a single layer. Drizzle with oil and season well. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, make pesto. Place watercress, macadamias and garlic in a small food processor. Pulse until chopped. Add extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and water. Process until a paste forms. Transfer hot potatoes to a bowl, add half of the pesto and stir to coat.
- Serve breast strips with potato pesto salad, beans, extra watercress and remaining pesto.