Chicken breast strips with asparagus & haloumi salad
Tantalise your taste buds with this delicate combination of haloumi and asparagus served beside moist, tender chicken breast strips. Perfect for winning over even the fussiest of eaters.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 x 400g packets Lilydale breast strips
- 1 cup frozen broad beans
- 2 bunches asparagus, sliced diagonally
- 100g snow pea sprouts
- 2 radish, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup baby sorrel leaves
- ¼ cup raw sliced almonds
- 180g haloumi, cut into wedges
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay Lilydale breast strips on prepared tray and bake according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, place broad beans and asparagus in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain. Peel beans, discarding skins. Place beans and asparagus in a large bowl with snow pea sprouts, radish, basil, sorrel leaves and almonds.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook haloumi wedges for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- To make lemon dressing, mix together all ingredients. Add to salad with haloumi and toss to combine. Serve with Lilydale breast strips.