Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 700g Lilydale chicken breast stir-fry strips
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1½ cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 small carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 50g green beans, cut into 1 ½ cm lengths
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
Kewpie mayonnaise, tonkatsu sauce, dried seaweed, and bonito (fish) flakes, to serve, if desired.
- In a large non-stick fry pan or wok, heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat. Stir fry the chicken for 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Set aside to cool and shred chicken. Reserve 1/3 cup chicken for the top of the pancake.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, chicken stock and soy sauce to combine. Add in chicken, cabbage, carrots, green onions, mushrooms, green beans, zucchini and coriander. Stir and mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are coated with the batter.
- Heat ¼ of the olive and sesame oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. When pan is hot spoon about ½ cup of batter into the pan (enough to make a 6 to 8cm circle with 1 ½ to 2cm thick. Cover with a lid and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned. Turn over carefully and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes or until the other side is also lightly browned.
- When cooked remove from pan and drain pancake on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve topped with reserved chicken, mayonnaise, tonkatsu sauce, dried seaweed, and bonito flakes.