Tofu and Chicken Laksa
Tantalise your senses and create a weeknight flavour explosion
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250gm vermicelli noodles
- 1 Tblsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup laksa paste
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken breast stir fry strips
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 200gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 Tblsp fish sauce
- 150gm snow peas, halved diagonally
- 150gm firm tofu, cut into 3cm cubes
- Bean sprouts, sliced chilli, and Thai basil, to serve
- Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium heat. Add laksa paste and stir fry for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chicken stock and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add the chicken, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sugar and fish sauce and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Add the snow peas and tofu and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- To serve, divide the noodles between 4 bowls and spoon over the laksa. Top with bean sprouts, chilli and Thai basil or coriander.