Moroccan Style Chicken Warm Salad
Warm Salad is a fast dinner option. Make it fabulous by using Moroccan spices.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 corn cobs, husks removed
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed
- 2 Tblsp Moroccan seasoning
- 400gm can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds, blanched
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup mint leaves
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tblsp wholegrain mustard
- 60gm feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook quinoa according to pack instructions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat and cook corn for 10 minutes, turning often, until slightly charred. Once cool enough to handle, remove kernels from corn.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Moroccan seasoning. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and cook chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side over medium-high heat, or until cooked through. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Thickly slice chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, chickpeas, asparagus, parsley and mint.
- In a screwtop jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and mustard. Shake well to combine.
- Drizzle quinoa salad mix with dressing and toss to coat. Top with chicken and sprinkle with feta to serve.