Greek Chicken Meatballs & Pasta Warm Salad
Vibrant flavours of the Mediterranean shine through this fast and fabulous meal
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 400gm risoni pasta
- 200gm grape tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 Tblsp baby capers, rinsed
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken mince
- 1 Tblsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tblsp finely chopped oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 100gm Greek feta, crumbled
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- Mixed leaf salad and lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Cook risoni in salted boiling water according to packet directions. Drain and return to the pan. Add tomatoes, olives, capers and remaining olive oil. Season and toss the ingredients through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the Lilydale Free Range Chicken mince, lemon rind, egg, oregano, breadcrumbs and half the feta. Season and stir to combine. Roll heaped tablespoons into balls.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook the meatballs for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Top risoni with meatballs and sprinkle feta and mint leaves. Serve with leaf salad and lemon wedges.