Fattoush and Chicken Warm Salad
A weeknight feast for your senses
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 wholemeal Lebanese breads
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 200gm tomato medley, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, roughly chopped
- 1 green capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 100 gm cherry bocconcini, torn
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tblsp tahini
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tblsp Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan forced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Lightly spray breads with olive oil, and sprinkle with sumac and sea salt. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway, until crisp. Set aside. Break into pieces.
- Meanwhile coat chicken in coriander and cumin. Season. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook tenderloins for 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil.
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, lettuce, bocconcini, herbs and bread. Season.
- In a screwtop jar, combine lemon juice and zest, tahini, honey and 1Tblsp water. Season and shake well to combine.
- Serve salad topped with warm chicken, and drizzled with dressing.