Chicken and Black Bean Stir-Fry
A delicious stir-fry recipe to make weeknight meals fast and fabulous
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken mince
- 1½ Tblsp vegetable oil
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 eschallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 175gm sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- ½ cup black bean sauce
- Cooked soba noodles and steamed Asian greens, to serve
- Sliced green onions, and sliced red chilli, to garnish
- Heat a wok over high heat. Add 1 Tblsp of the oil and swirl to coat. Add the chicken mince and stir fry using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and swirl to coat. Add the ginger and eschallots. Stir- fry for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the water chestnuts, sugar snaps, and asparagus and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Return the chicken to the wok with the black bean sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve chicken with soba noodles and Asian greens, and garnish with green onion and chilli.