Chicken Teriyaki Skewers with Pickled Vegetables and Brown rice
Nothing beats tender chicken thighs in sweet teriyaki sauce for a flavoursome meal
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus 1 hour refrigeration
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 750gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- ½ cup teriyaki marinade
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Coconut oil spray
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, torn
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 2 Tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tblsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Cooked brown rice, to serve
- 8 pre-soaked bamboo skewers
- Combine chicken, marinade and garlic in a glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Thread chicken onto skewers and spray skewers with coconut oil.
- Heat a char-grill pan over medium heat, and cook skewers for 10 to 12 minutes, basting with reserved marinade, until browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the cucumber, green onion, mint, carrot and chilli in a bowl. Whisk lemon juice, rice wine vinegar, sugar and sesame oil together, season and drizzle over the salad. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle skewers with sesame seeds and serve with pickled vegetables and brown rice.