Chicken Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Guacamole
Soft tacos with the goodness of chicken and all flavours Mexican
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 large Lilydale Free Range Chicken breasts (approx 500gm)
- 30gm packet taco seasoning
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 200gm tomato medley roughly diced
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 Tblsp lime juice,
- 1 large avocado, mashed
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 12 white corn tortillas, to serve (312gm packet)
- lime wedges, coriander sprigs and sour cream, to serve
- Slice breasts into 4 to 5 long strips. Place chicken in a large snaplock bag with taco seasoning and shake to coat. Season.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with 1 Tblsp olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken for 6 to 7 minutes, turning often, or until browned and cooked through. Set aside on a plate covered with foil for 5 minutes. Slice if desired.
- Meanwhile combine tomato, corn, green onions, and chopped coriander in a medium bowl. Season and drizzle with remaining olive oil and 1 Tblsp lime juice. Stir to combine.
- In another medium bowl, combine avocado, red onion and remaining lime juice. Season.
- Heat tortillas according to packet directions. Serve with chicken, tomato salsa, guacamole, lime wedges, coriander sprigs and sour cream, if desired.