Flavoursome shortcut to Indian cooking
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ Tblsp canola oil
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tblsp finely grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 Tblsp korma paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon + extra, to serve, if desired
- 1 ½ cups basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 ripe truss tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200gm green beans, cut into 3 cm lengths
- 2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- Flaked almonds, toasted, coriander sprigs, lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat 1 Tblsp oil in a large saucepan or non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes, turning, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and cook onion, ginger and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion has softened. Add korma paste and cinnamon and cook for 1 minute. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add stock and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Return the chicken to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Add tomatoes and beans for the last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile combine yoghurt and cucumber in a small bowl. Season.
- Sprinkle chicken with almonds, coriander and extra cinnamon, if desired. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.