Roasted Rosemary Peaches & Pearl Couscous Salad with Labne
Delicious juices of peaches complimenting the coolness of labne in this couscous salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes (plus cooling)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- 2 Tblsp rosemary leaves
- 4 small peaches, halved, stones removed
- 250g packet pearl couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tblsp sherry vinegar
- 100g labne
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 2/3 cup mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Combine 2 tablespoons of oil, sugar and rosemary leaves in a medium baking dish. Season. Add peach; toss to coat. Roast, cut-side down, for 20 minutes, brushing with juices in pan halfway, or until peaches are just starting to brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a medium saucepan. Add couscous; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until couscous is lightly browned. Add stock; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until couscous is tender. Stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Add sherry vinegar and 1 tablespoon of remaining oil to couscous; stir to combine. Season to taste and let to cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine couscous, pistachios and mint on a large serving platter. Top with dollops of labne and peaches. Season with rosemary from peaches and drizzle the remaining oil before serving.