Mushroom, goats cheese & cous cous stuffing
Tip… halve this recipe if using to stuff a whole chicken. Reduce olive oil to 1 tablespoon.
- 20g butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, fnely chopped
- 50g pancetta, fnely chopped
- 300g mixed mushrooms, very fnely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, fnely chopped
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cous cous
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 60g goats cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook onion for 5 minutes, until soft. Add pancetta and cook for another 3 minutes, until browned, stirring regularly. Add mushrooms, garlic and thyme. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are soft and dry. Stir through mustard.
- Place cous cous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water, cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Using a fork, fuff up grains.
- Add mushroom mixture and goats cheese to cous cous. Season well, stir to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add egg to cous cous, mix well. Shape 2 tablespoons of mixture into small patties. Place on a baking paper lined baking tray and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook patties, in batches, for 1- 2 minutes each side, until crisp and golden.