Green olive, haloumi & rice stuffing
Tip… halve this recipe if using to stuff a whole chicken. Add all of the haloumi to the rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, fnely chopped
- 2/3 cup Arborio rice
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock, hot
- 25g butter, chopped
- juice and fnely grated zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup Sicilian olives, seeds removed, fesh chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped oregano
- 180g haloumi, grated
- Heat oil in a saucepan on medium. Cook onion for 5 minutes, until softened. Add rice and stir to coat. Add stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until rice is tender and stock is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add butter, lemon juice and zest, olives, oregano and 1 cup of the haloumi. Stir to combine. Cover with lid and set aside until cold.
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Spray a 12 hole, 2 tablespoon capacity muffin pan with oil. Fill each hole with rice mixture, pressing down firmly. Scatter remaining haloumi over each muffin. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm. Sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing.