Eggnog Cheesecake with Salted-Toffee Walnuts
We have taken eggnog, a white Christmas classic, and transformed it into a delicious dessert, ideal for warm summer evenings.
Preparation time: 20 minutes (plus cooling and chilling)
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 200g granita biscuits
- 80g butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 x 250g blocks cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1/3 cup brandy
- 3 eggs
- Raspberries, to serve
Salted toffee walnuts
- 2/3 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160C fan-forced). Grease and line base of a 23cm non-stick springform pan with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in bowl of a food processor; process until crumbs form. Add butter and half the cinnamon. Process until combined. Press biscuit mixture over base of prepared pan. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and remaining cinnamon until smooth. Beat in 1/2 cup cream and brandy until just combined. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes or until edges have set and there is a slight wobble in the centre. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven, with the door ajar, for 2 hrs or until cooled completely. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make the salted toffee walnuts, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place walnuts on tray. Place sugar and salt in a small frying pan over medium-low heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar has just dissolved. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 5 minutes or until sugar is caramel in colour. Pour over walnuts. Stand until set.
- Stand cheesecake at room temperature for 15 minutes. Whip remaining cream to soft peaks. Break up toffee walnuts. Top with cream, walnuts and raspberries. Serve.