Cool Yule Spritzer
Welcome guests with a Christmas drink and create a festive first impression. We chose plump red cherries to give our sparkling rosé and brandy cocktail a sweet and tangy flavour.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 1/4cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 lime wedge, plus 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 300g jar stem ginger in syrup
- 40 cherries, pitted, plus 8 cherries extra with stem
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 2/3 cup brandy
- 750ml sparkling rosé, chilled
- Crushed ice, to serve
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Rub lime wedge around the rim of 8 x 250ml glasses. Dip rims of glasses in cinnamon sugar.
- Drain ginger, reserving syrup. Finely chop 8 pieces ginger and divide among glasses. Place reserved syrup, cherries, mint, brandy and extra lime wedges in a large bowl. Using a muddle, lightly crush cherries.
- Add ice to glasses. Fill glasses with cherry mixture. Fill with rosé. Top with extra cherries.
Note: Stem ginger in syrup is available from selected delicatessens and Asian food stores. If unavailable, use crystallised ginger and omit syrup.