Barley, cranberry & pistachio stuffing
- 1 cup barley, washed
- 100g chopped prosciutto, cooked, torn
- 100g frozen cranberries, halved
- 100g pistachios, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add barley. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 30 minutes, until barley is tender. Drain, rinse under cold water. Place barley in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay prosciutto on tray, in a single layer. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until crisp. Cool.
- Add cranberries, pistachios, parsley, sage and prosciutto to barley. Mix together dressing ingredients. Add to barley and toss to combine. Serve with roast chicken and vegetables.