All Spice Chicken Filo Cups with Crème Fraiche and Orange Zest
Bite size delights you can indulge in without overindulging
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- 40g butter, melted
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 large orange
- 300g Lilydale Free Range Chicken breast fillets, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 Tblsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup crème fraiche
- Extra grated orange zest
- Extra 8 flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease 8 holes of a 12-hole, 1/3 cup capacity muffin pan. Place 1 sheet filo on a flat surface. Brush with butter. Cut crossways to form two squares. Fold each square in half and then in half again. Place in prepared holes; brush with more butter. Repeat with remaining sheets and butter. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden. Stand in pan for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until just softened. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Add all spice and garlic; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add orange zest and juice; cook for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked though and liquid has almost evaporated. Stir in parsley.
- Transfer filo cups to a serving platter. Fill with chicken mixture. Top with crème fraiche, extra orange zest and parsley.