Sesame Chicken and Brown Rice Salad Bowl
For our bowl of goodness, we brought together our three favourites – chicken, spring produce and sesame seeds.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 x Lilydale Breast Fillets (approx. 900g), cut in half horizontally
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 2 Tblsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tblsp tahini
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ bunch kale, finely shredded
- 1 cucumber, cut into ribbons
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sprouts of choice
- ¼ cup pickled ginger
- ¼ cup almonds
- Preheat a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Spread sesame seeds on a large plate and coat chicken with seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in frying pan and cook chicken for 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Set chicken aside on a plate covered in foil to rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice chicken.
- To make dressing, combine tahini, zest and juice and ¼ cup water in a small bowl until smooth and viscous. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, kale, cucumber, avocado, and sprouts. Top the salad with the chicken, pickled ginger and almonds. Drizzle dressing before serving.