Satay and Coconut Chicken Breast Skewers with Green Apple Coleslaw and BBQ Kipfler Potatoes
With our floral centrepiece sorted, we happily moved to creating a beautiful side of crisp, green apple coleslaw and kipfler potatoes to go with our Breast Skewers.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 x 300gm Lilydale Breast Skewers
- 400gm kipfler potatoes, washed, halved lengthways
- 1 tsp ground coriander
Green Apple Coleslaw
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, quartered, cut into matchsticks
- ¼ green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tblsp currants
- 1 Tblsp finely shredded mint leaves, keep some mint sprigs aside to serve
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 2 Tblsp whole egg mayonnaise
- Preheat oven to 160° fan forced (180°C conventional). Cook Lilydale Breast Skewers as per instructions on pack. Set chicken aside on a plate covered with foil.
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan to medium-high heat. Lightly spray the potatoes with olive oil, sprinkle with ground coriander and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until charred and cooked through.
- For the coleslaw, in a medium bowl combine apple, cabbage, onions, currants, mint, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Serve skewers with potatoes and coleslaw, garnished with mint sprigs.