Lemongrass and Ginger Chicken with Zucchini Pad Thai Noodles
This paleo, Thai-inspired zucchini noodle dish perfectly complements the lemongrass and ginger flavours of the Lilydale Breast Steaks.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 x 300g Lilydale Breast Steaks
- 1 Tblsp coconut oil
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Pad Thai sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 Tblsp fish sauce
- 2 Tblsp seedless tamarind pulp
- 1 red chilli, chopped (or more to taste)
- Cut the zucchinis into long noodles with a julienne slicer lengthways or a vegetable spiral cutter.
- For the Pad Thai sauce, combine the sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add half a tablespoon of the coconut oil into a hot frying pan and cook the Lilydale Breast Steaks as per instructions on pack. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining coconut oil to the same frying pan and stir fry red onion until soft. Next, add the zucchini noodles and cook until they are warmed through but still have a bite to them. Now, add the Pad Thai sauce and let the flavours blend in while the sauce reduces a little.
- Divide the noodles on the serving plates, place the warm chicken breast on top and garnish with crushed peanuts and bean sprouts. Serve with lime wedges.