Chicken Steak with Farro, Pickled Carrot and Toasted Coconut Salad Bowl
A light and flavoursome meal packed with the goodness of free range chicken, farro and coconut
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 x 300g Lilydale Breast Steaks
- 1/2 Tblsp coconut oil
- 250g farro, cooked as per pack instructions
- 1 small bunch of baby carrots, thinly sliced into ribbons with peeler or mandolin
- 4 Tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tblsp caster sugar
- 1 Tblsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime
- 2 cups snowpea, trimmed and sliced at an angle
- 1 cup coconut chips
- coriander leaves
Mint yoghurt dressing
- 1 handful of mint leaves
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 cup of yoghurt
- pinch of salt
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, sugar, salt and water in a bowl. Add the carrot ribbons and leave for at least 20 minutes to pickle, toss twice in that time to ensure the ribbons are evenly pickled.
- In a small frying pan, gently dry roast the coconut chips on medium heat until toasted and fragrant.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan and cook the Lilydale Breast Steaks as per instructions on pack. Set aside and keep warm.
- To prepare the dressing, mix the mint yoghurt ingredients.
- Drain the carrots from the pickling liquid and drizzle some onto the cooked farro. Divide the ingredients in two bowls and serve with the mint yoghurt and lime wedge on the side.