Pulled Chicken Tostada with Slaw
Treat yourself to this Mexican style meal on the weekend or impress friends at your next drinks party.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 1 x 1kg (approx.) Lilydale Bulk Thigh Fillets, quartered
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tblsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 10 small tortillas, cut into 10cm rounds
- Vegetable oil spray
- ¼ white cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 3 Tblsp mayonnaise
- sliced red chilli and lime wedge to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix chicken, oil, garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper salt in a bowl, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy base casserole pot, add onion, cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add chicken mix, cooking for 4-5 minutes or until brown. Add the stock and bring to boil. Cover with lid, place in the oven, cook for 1.5 hours. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Place chicken pieces into a bowl, shred with 2 forks. Stir through BBQ sauce.
- Meanwhile, place tortillas on a lined baking tray, spray with olive oil, bake for 6 minutes, or until crisp
- To make the coleslaw, combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss until coated in the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, place some shredded chicken on top of a crispy tortilla, top with coleslaw and garnish with coriander, sliced chilli and lime.