Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks with Coconut Rice
Everyone loves the combination of honey and soy. This classic dish takes a twist when you add some coconut rice.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 x 1kg (approx.) Lilydale Bulk Drumsticks
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup Kecap Manis (Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce)
- 2 Tblsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tblsp soy sauce
- 2 Tblsp sesame oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 Tblsp sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1.5 cups medium grain rice
- 400ml coconut cream
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
Steamed greens to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make the marinade, place honey, kecap manis, oyster sauce, soy sauce sesame oil and garlic in a bowl, and mix to combine. Add the chicken legs, toss to coat, cover and set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Transfer chicken and marinade to a roasting tin, roast for 45 minutes, turning chicken every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- To make the coconut rice, place all the ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, simmer covered on low for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stand, covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken with coconut rice and steamed greens.