Harrissa and Dukkah Roast Chicken Drumsticks
Dress up the humble chicken drumstick with a hit of chilli spice and some crunchy dukkah.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 x 1kg (approx.) Lilydale Bulk Drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 Tblsp harissa paste
- 1/2 cup Greek (natural) yoghurt
- 4 Tblsp dukkah
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 400g (1 tin) chickpeas
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup Mint, finely chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 cup tahini
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tblsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- Paprika to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place harissa, yoghurt, garlic and salt and chicken in a bowl. Toss to coat well.
- Place drumsticks on a lined tray, sprinkle with dukkah. Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- To make the salad, place chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, slivered almonds, parsley, mint, lemon juice and olive oil in a bowl, and mix to combine.
- To make the tahini sauce, blend all ingredients together to form a smooth sauce.
- Serve chicken with salad and tahini sauce.