Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Avocado Coriander Dip
This recipe serves as a great light meal or easy party starter
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 x 1 kg (approx.) Lilydale Bulk Breast Fillets, cut into 2cm wide strips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tblsp water
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Avocado Coriander Dip
- 1 large avocado
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 2 limes, juiced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place chicken breast on a cutting board and cut into long 3cm wide strips. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Slice each halve into vertical tenders (about 2cm strips wide.)
- Place rice flour in a wide, shallow bowl. Lightly beat eggs and water in another shallow bowl. Combine panko and shredded coconut in a third bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken in rice flour, shaking off excess, then dip into egg mixture. Using 2 forks, dip chicken into panko mixture, pressing slightly to adhere the coating. Set aside and continue with remaining chicken.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry 3 to 4 tenders at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown, then transfer the chicken to a lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pieces. Bake the chicken pieces for about 10 minutes, until just cooked through. Serve immediately, with avocado dip.
- To make avocado coriander dip, place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.