Coconut Chicken Curry with Cauliflower Rice and Coriander Pesto
A warming Indian style curry with paleo cauliflower rice. Tastes even better the next day if you can wait that long.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- 2 Tblsp ghee
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2cm fresh ginger, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 x 1kg (approx.) Lilydale Bulk Thigh Fillets, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tblsp tomato paste
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tblsp ghee or coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 large bunch coriander
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tblsp coconut oil or macadamia oil
- 2 Tblsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a frying pan, sauté onion in ghee over medium heat. Stir in garlic, spices, ginger and salt. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Add chicken pieces, tomato paste, yoghurt and coconut milk. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and stir in lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- To make cauliflower rice, place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until it is finely chopped and resembles rice.
- Heat ghee in a deep frying pan over medium heat. Add cauliflower and cook, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender and light golden.
- To make coriander pesto, place the coriander, garlic and cashews in a processor and pulse until just chopped.
- Mix in the parmesan, lime juice and zest. Slowly add oil in a steady stream until well combined. Season to taste.
- Spoon the cauliflower rice among serving plates. Top with curry and drizzle with coriander pesto just before serving.