Mediterranean Chicken Breast Pasta Salad
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 x 120g Lilydale Ready For You Roasted Breast Pieces
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 250g orrechiette pasta
- semi dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 150g feta, crumbled
- 1 cup wild rocket
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200C. Rub capsicums and red onion with olive oil and season. Roast capsicums and onion for 40 minutes. Set aside to cool. Once cool, peel the onions and capsicums. Remove capsicum seeds and cut into strips. Cut the onion into fine wedges.
- Boil pasta as per packets instructions. Once cooked, drain, toss with a little olive oil and allow to cool. In a large bowl combine the pasta, capsicum, onion, tomatoes, olives, basil, feta, rocket, parsley and Lilydale Ready For You Roasted Breast Pieces. Set aside.
- For dressing, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.