Crispy Potato Stacks With Rosemary
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Give the classic festive sides an artful makeover this Christmas.
The humble potato makes a decadent return for us in the form of Crispy Potato Stacks with Rosemary. They are easy to prepare while being wonderfully crisp on the outside and creamy on the inside. We used the Sebago variety in our recipe.
- 6 rosemary stalks
- 6 medium sized brushed potatoes, peeled and washed
- ¼ cup duck fat, softened
- salt flakes, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C. To make rosemary skewers, pull the leaves from the bottom 2/3 of the stalks and cut a sharp angle on the end of the stalks. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin on the finest setting and cut one potato at a time into thin slices. Keep each stack of slices separate.
- Working with one stack of slices at a time, spread out the slices and brush with duck fat, Thread the slices onto a rosemary skewer and trim skewer so the stacks will sit flat.
- Place each stack into a baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until potato is tender and the edges are golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and season with salt flakes.