Chicken and Tarragon Skewers With Apple, Walnut Salad
Preparation time: 20 minutes plus resting
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Ah summer! Don’t you just love it?
The extra hours of sunshine, cruising around barefoot, relaxing with family and friends, and the simplicity of eating outdoors.
Here’s the perfect recipe for some fun under the sun.
- 500g Lilydale Chicken Mince
- ½ onion, grated
- 1 cup sour dough breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- grated rind of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- oil, for cooking
- ¼ cup whole egg mayonnaise
- ¼ cup natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons seeded mustard
- 1 green apple, finely sliced
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and leaves plucked from stems
- ½ cup walnut halves, roasted
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl combine Lilydale Chicken Mince, onion, breadcrumbs, egg, tarragon, lemon rind and seasoning, and mix well.
- Shape 2 tablespoons of the mixture around a small wooden skewer and flatten. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Allow to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the chicken skewers for 2-3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Place on a plate and cover loosely with foil to rest.
- To make the seeded mustard dressing, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, and seeded mustard. Whisk to combine and season.
- Toss the sliced apple in lemon juice to keep it from browning. Arrange the watercress, walnuts and avocado on a serving platter, top with the apple slices and lemon juice.
- Arrange the chicken skewers with the salad and drizzle over the dressing.