Cinnamon Chicken with Roasted Beetroot and Horseradish Cream
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 1 x tray Lilydale Breast fillets
- 6 beetroot, washed and trimmed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup horseradish
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tspn ground cinnamon
- 2 tspn ground cardamom
- 2 Tblsp dry sherry
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- Place the beetroot on a baking tray and lightly drizzle over half the oil. Bake in 200C preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until just tender when tested with a skewer. Cool, and peel, cut into quarters and set aside.
- Mix together the horseradish and sour cream, season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Mix the cinnamon, sherry, remaining oil and sugar in a bowl. Toss the chicken and coat with the cinnamon mixture. Heat a lightly greased frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts for 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Remove from pan and place on a baking tray and bake in a 180C preheated oven for 10 minute or until chicken is just cooked through. Cool slightly and slice, serve with roasted beetroot and horseradish.