Szechwan chicken with pickled ginger and cucumber
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 Tblsp mirin
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tspn sesame oil
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 Tblsp Szechwan pepper, crushed
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 4 Lilydale chicken breasts
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- Rice noodles to serve
- Place the cucumber into a colander or large sieve. Sprinkle over the salt, and mix through. Set aside for 15 minutes. In a bowl, mix together the mirin, vinegar,2 tablespoons of water, oil and ginger.
- Combine the pepper and cornflour on a plate. Coat the chicken breasts in the pepper mixture.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the chicken until golden and just cooked through, about 2-3 minutes each side. Serve the chicken with the pickled ginger and cucumber, spoon dressing over chicken. Serve with rice noodles.