Roasted pumpkin and walnut mash
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Serve this side with Lilydale Mini Roasts
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 750g pumpkin, peeled
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tblsp cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- 40g butter
- Sage leaves
- Place the walnuts on a baking tray, and bake in 200C preheated oven for 3-5 minutes, or until the walnuts are just beginning to brown. Remove and set aside to cool. When cool, roughly chop.
- Chop the pumpkin into 3cm pieces, place on a baking tray and brush with a little olive oil. Sprinkle over cumin. Bake in for about 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the pumpkin to a small bowl, add cream and stir with a wooden spoon until nearly smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan and gently cook until nut coloured, remove from heat, add sage leaves. Serve pumpkin mash with butter spooned over and topped with walnuts.