Potato and pea curry
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serve this side with Lilydale Breast Roasts
- 1 tspn brown mustard seeds
- 1 Tblsp ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tspn finely grated ginger
- ½ tspn ground turmeric
- ¼ tspn chilli powder
- ½ tspn cumin
- ½ tspn garam masala
- 400g potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Mint sprigs to serve
- Heat mustard seeds in a medium pan until they begin to pop. Add ghee, onion, garlic and ginger, cook stirring until soft. Stir through the turmeric, chilli, cumin, garam masala and potato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the water and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until potato is just tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas and continue simmering for 3-5 minutes, or until potato and peas are cooked through and liquid is absorbed. Scatter over mint sprigs.