Cumin maple and sweet potato mash
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serve this side with Lilydale Mini Roasts
- 350g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 350g sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 40g butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tspn cumin
- ½ tspn ground coriander
- 1 Tblsp maple syrup
- 2 Tblsp cream
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 Tblsp chopped parsley
- Steamed sugar snap peas to serve
- Place the potato and sweet potato in separate pans. Cover with water, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat half the butter in a small pan and cook the onions over medium heat until soft and lightly golden. Stir in the cumin and coriander, cook for 1 minute. Stir through the maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of cream. Remove from heat.
- Drain the potato and sweet potato and mash separately until smooth and creamy. Season each with salt and pepper. Add the remaining butter and cream to the potato, beat until creamy.
- Add the onion mixture to the sweet potato, beating until smooth. Using a large spoon, fold the potato mash with the sweet potato mash, being careful not to over mix. Serve with sugar snap peas.