Lilydale Mozarella and caper crusted Lilydale breast
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 x Lilydale chicken breast packs
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tblsp lemon thyme leaves
- 1 Tblsp baby capers, crushed
- Mozzarella, sliced
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 2 cups fresh sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup garlic oil
- Caper berries to serve
- Slice the side of each chicken breast, nearly all the way through. Open out each breast and using a rolling pin, gently pound until breasts are about 1/2 cm thick.
- In a bowl, mix half the parsley, all of the thyme, and capers.
- Lay the mozzarella over half of each breast and spoon over the herb mixture, season with salt and pepper. Fold over chicken to enclose filling, secure with toothpicks.
- Combine the remaining parsley, Parmesan, breadcrumbs and 1/3 cup oil in a deep plate. Coat each chicken breast in crumb mixture, pressing crumb onto breast. Place chicken onto baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake chicken in 180C preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until crust is golden and chicken is cooked through. Remove toothpicks, serve with caper-berries.